Free, independent expert advice
Independent and confidential business advice from a panel of expert advisors who cover a vast range of business topics. Free with full IoD membership.
Arrange a thirty minute consultation to help with all kinds of business decisions and challenges such as:
- Which business structure to adopt for your start-up
- Options for raising finance
- Advice on career progression and CV review
- Employment law and Human Resource issues
- Legal and contractual challenges
- I am starting a new business. Would it be better to form a limited company or not?
- I need to raise £200k. Can you advise me on the different avenues open to me?
- A member of our staff has been on sick leave for two months. What are our options?
- How much will protecting my trademark cost and what is the duration for registration?
- I want to expand my business and I’d like some advice on marketing and social media. How should I shape my marketing strategy?
- I am about to accept a directorship and would like to know if the service agreement I am being offered may cause problems.
We’ve had a couple of brilliant sessions with the advisors from the IoD. They helped us clarify several ideas about our business plan and gave us important insight about our next steps.
Here to help
The IoD’s Information and Advisory Service is here to help you get answers and our experienced researchers will help you find exactly what you’re looking for.