Mike is an innovative General Manager/Director with more than 30 years commercial experience in company and as an interim or consultant, in Europe, The Middle East and North America.
Prior to entering consultancy, he gained experience in large corporate companies in the manufacturing, retail and services sector, serving at board and senior executive level and also as Chair for a US-based international learning organisation.
In addition, he has considerable SME experience having successfully set up a service business, and building over a number of years, before selling to a larger group.
For the past 10 years Mike has focused on consulting, providing clients with ‘all round’ support and his specialist remit includes:
- Advising clients in all marketing, trade marketing and sales activities.
- B2B marketing strategy and tactics.
- Multichannel marketing.
- Brand image.
- Brand recognition and development.
- Sales management.
- Marketing considerations in business start up
Organisational Strategy (OS)
- Support and guidance in developing business and organisational strategy.
- Defining business strategy and objectives.
- Measuring organisational performance
- Ensuring that structure and business strategy are aligned.
- Developing a performance based workplace
- Understanding the impact of culture
- Managing culture to enhance performance.
He has developed and run programmes in recent years in respect of marketing and OS in Europe, North America and India including conventional workshops and also using web-based (distance learning) technology.
He is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD).
Connect with other directors, develop yourself and influence the people that matter.
Free registration with IoD
Stay up-to-date on issues that affect directors and get access to free resources.