Dependable advice on call
Legal and tax helplines
Keeping abreast of your legal and tax obligations can be challenging for any enterprise. Call our helplines to navigate a wide range of legal or tax issues facing your business. Free with full IoD membership.
Legal advice on a wide range of employment, company, commercial and personal legal matters in the UK and Europe such as:
- Contractual issues and disputes
- Data privacy and GDPR
- Employment law issues such as discrimination
- Tenancy and landlord disputes
- Health and safety obligations
Make an enquiry
Advice given over the telephone only (call charges apply). Maximum time of 20 minutes per call. Make up to 25 calls per membership year.
Helpline available 8am – 8pm, Monday – Friday; and 9am – 12 noon, Saturday and Sunday, excluding UK public holidays.
Free, unbiased and confidential advice on a vast range of tax matters, both business and personal. From VAT, NIC and PAYE to income, corporation and inheritance tax — get help on issues such as:
- Tax relief for travel and expenses
- Tax issues and options when selling company shares
- NIC liability for pensioner employees
- Tax credit for charitable donations
- Tax assistance for a loss-making business
The business information service provided by IoD offers support from subject specialists. We have used this service on several occasions and each time found the knowledge and advice provided to be exceptional.
Here to help
The IoD’s Information and Advisory Service is here to help you get answers and our experienced researchers will help you find exactly what you’re looking for.