If you lead a
business and you’re a member of the UK’s
Institute of Directors, you can take advantage of discounts on
specialist insurance products from Hiscox. Now, great offers are available on
company directors’ and officers’
– a cover
designed to offset the personal risks that can come with holding authority in a
When you’re in
charge of a business or organisation, risks can come with your responsibilities
– directors’ and officers’ insurance can mitigate threats to your personal
finances. We’ve partnered with the IoD, the century-old corporate governance
body that operates under a royal charter, to provide professional insurance
benefits for small business leaders just like you. Call Hiscox to discover more
about our insurance product and how the discount works or get a quote.
Do I need directors’ and officers’ insurance?
You might need
directors’ and officers’ insurance if you lead a business or organisation and
hold a high level of responsibility for its direction and activities. This is
because company directors can be disqualified, face legal proceedings and even
find their personal assets at risk if they’re accused of mismanagement. This
can apply whether you’re an experienced
managing director of a small start-up.
information do I need to undertake a policy?
To benefit from this discount, you’ll need an active IoD membership – this may be full or associate, or you might be a fellow or chartered director. Have your membership details to hand when you come to apply for directors’ and officers’ insurance.
You’ll need certain other information to purchase a policy with Hiscox, including:
- The amount of cover that best suits your risk profile. We can cover company directors from £100,000 to £10 million.
- Basic information about your business, including the sector you work in and the name of the business you direct.
- Details of any insurance claims you have made in the last five years.
What does Hiscox directors’ and officers’ insurance cover?
Your membership with the IoD comes with a range of perks designed to equip you with the knowledge to be a great company director. Hiscox directors’ and officers’ insurance can back you up in case there’s a slip-up on your watch. It can help pay for legal defence costs and meet compensation demands.
Hiscox D&O insurance covers:
- Claims for negligence brought against you by investors or shareholders
- Compensation and legal costs to provide support if it is alleged you failed to comply with regulations or laws (such as the Health & Safety at Work etc. Act 1974).
- Investigations into your management of non-defined company pensions
Why choose Hiscox?
- An award-winning insurer
- D&O cover in minutes
- A small business specialism
We proudly hold the Feefo Platinum Service award and have done for two years running. Plus, we’re rated 4.8/5 on Feefo – based on 2,985 reviews as of September 2021
Limited time? Directors and officers can generate a quote in as little as five minutes
A focus on small businesses primes us to react to the types of problems the director of an SME or start-up might face