Professional business mentoring
The Association of Business Mentoring provides the support you need to assist with your business and growth challenges.
The Association of Business Mentors (ABM) is the professional body for business mentoring in the UK and Ireland.
It stands for professionalism and integrity in business mentoring, championing professional mentoring and the benefits it can bring to businesses. It is the only organisation that recognises professional mentors through its strict application process and continued professional development. All ABM members have experience in a wide range of sectors having either started, run or owned a business, or managed a significant business unit of profit centre in a large corporate.
How to benefit from the ABM through IoD membership:
- Following a no-obligation 30-minute consultation with an ABM Full Member, IoD members benefit from an introductory offer of six 60-90 minute mentoring sessions for the price of five(charged at the usual mentors’ rates, with the sixth session being free).
- Receive a 50% discount on the ABM membership joining fee (usually £120 for Full and £80 for Associate).
- Receive a 10% discount on the non-ABM member rate for the Induction to Business Mentoring Course (recognised by the Institute of Leadership and Management and usually priced at £175 for non-ABM members).
Why choose professional business mentoring from the ABM to support you and your business?
- As professional business mentors, ABM members have experience of running a business or managed a profit centre in a large corporate. They have a strong and proven track record to deliver success.
- A professional business mentor is someone who you can trust and who offers an external perspective and fresh insight into your business.
- A professional business mentor holds you and your team to account, challenging your goals, ideas and plans.
- 76% of businesses say mentoring was vital to their growth.
- Staff retention is 25% higher where mentoring is in place.
- Suitable business mentors will be matched to your specific needs through a robust vetting process – options will be provided for you to choose from.
- All ABM members are vetted and given regular training, support and peer supervision, enabling them to deliver the results that small and medium business owners need.
FIND OUT MORE
Find out more about professional business mentoring through the ABM, and browse their directory of mentors available to IoD members by filtering on their ‘find a mentor’ page.
Contact ABM direct to find out how they can help you and your business and take advantage of the offers. Make sure to quote your IoD member number to apply for any discounts.
ABM Mentor Guide
For a copy of the ABM Guide ‘How to Choose a Business Mentor’ or if you wish to find a Business Mentor, please email the ABM quoting “IoD offer”.
Connect with other directors, develop yourself and influence the people that matter.
Free registration with IoD
Stay up-to-date on issues that affect directors and get access to free resources.