How does the online aspect work?
The IoD Certificate in Company Direction provides directors with the knowledge that will help them to perform their duties effectively. It provides tools and techniques to examine the key responsibilities of directors.
This accelerated option combines online learning with an intensive face-to-face group workshop. The online elements are delivered via our specially-developed web-based learning tool, the Learning Zone. Participants are monitored as they study, at their convenience and often from their own home or office.
Comprehensive information on each topic is provided, together with a range of activities designed to support the learning. Once the pre-course online elements* are complete, participants come together for a five-day intensive workshop** with our expert course.
How does it all fit together?
- Complete the online pre-workshop elements*
- Attend the five day face to face workshop
- Post-workshop support via e-learning
- Sit the certificate in company direction examination
- On successful completion of the examination, receive the Certificate in Company Direction
*Completion of the online modules is mandatory before attending the five-day session
**The workshop will include some evening sessions which must be attended
Who will benefit?
- Any busy director who simply cannot take too much time away from the demands of their business and who is looking for a fast track method of achieving the certificate in company direction
- Those who wish to gain further qualifications will be able to progress to the Diploma in Company Direction and to Chartered Director status
- Overseas directors who are looking to complete the full programme. Directors can also undertake our exams abroad, upon request
Features and benefits
- Achieve the IoD Certificate in Company Direction in a flexible way and without taking your focus away from your professional life
- Share experiences with your peers in an environment conducive to intensive learning
- Minimise the amount of time spent away from the office
- Experience the latest in online learning support, both pre and post course and in the build up to the examination
- Available for individual directors as well as groups of directors from the same organisation
Pre-course work for Accelerated Learning Certificate
The pre-course work and delegate information for the Accelerated Learning Certificate in Company Direction are contained within the IoD Learning Zone. This includes:
- Delegate pre-course questionnaire (dietary requirements, company information etc.)
- Course timetable
- Certificate Exam registration form
- Pre-course work
As a guide, pre-work for this course should take between 8 and 10 hours depending on the experience of the delegate. For the benefit of all delegates, please ensure that pre-work is completed prior to attending the programme. Pre-work is usually sent 6 weeks prior to the programme being attended.
For any queries related to the pre-course work, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +44 (0)20 7766 8884