The IoD concentrates on the issues of most concern to business, examining them in depth and drawing substantially on our members' experience.
We exert our influence in a number of different ways:
- By taking a position in the media, both nationally and locally
- Through direct discussion with government ministers
- Through detailed discussions with civil servants
- Through written responses to consultation documents
- Through production of research and policy papers
To maximise our influence, we communicate the IoD viewpoint to the full range of policy-makers. We are in frequent contact with ministers, civil servants, special advisers and government agencies to ensure that IoD members' views are represented accurately at all stages of the policy process.