The IoD concentrates on the issues of most concern to business, examining them in depth and drawing substantially on our members' experience.
We exert our influence in a number of different ways:
- By taking a position in the media, both nationally and locally
- Through direct discussion with government ministers
- Through detailed discussions with civil servants
- Through written responses to consultation documents
- Through production of research and policy papers
To maximise our influence, we communicate the IoD viewpoint to the full range of policy-makers. We are in frequent contact with ministers, civil servants, special advisers and government agencies to ensure that IoD members' views are represented accurately at all stages of the policy process.
Here you can find our Good Governance Reports, including the latest 2017 version, alongside articles and useful information on corporate governance.
Good governance is the structure through which an organisation is directed, controlled and held accountable which defines a framework of procedures.
Find out more