IoD South West runs a busy programme, including exclusive company visits and presentations, breakfasts with leading business speakers and dinners with entrepreneurs – all informative and valuable opportunities for members to learn, connect and build their business network.
The office has recently moved to the stunning new Bristol Business School at UWE and is headed by regional director Simon Face. His team aims to help local businesses thrive, providing information, support and guidance for directors, entrepreneurs and other organisational and business leaders.
Members enjoy unlimited access to the Engine Shed lounge in central Bristol, as well as the Science Park atrium for informal meetings and working; both offer cafés, free WiFi and discounts on meeting room hire.
Find out more
End of year Success
Almost 100 members and guests attended our fantastic end of year event at Aerospace Bristol, home of the last Concorde ever built. The event was kindly sponsored by BMW showcasing some of their new range of cars and was the opportunity to hear a review of the year from IoD South West Chair, Nick Sturge as well as exciting plans for 2019. The event was also significant in thanking our Chairs and Committees for their hard work over the year and was a farewell to Nick who also introduced his successor Muir MacDonald as our new South West Chair.
IoD South West Director of the Year Awards 2019
Entries and nominations are now open for Director of the Year Awards 2019. We are looking for inspiring and pioneering business leaders from all corners of the region to enter the 2019 South West Director of the Year Awards.
Our annual Awards has grown over the past years to represent the pinnacle of leadership and business excellence, highlighting the significant contribution business leaders can make to society and economic prosperity in the region.
- Director of the Year – Non-Executive
- Director of the Year – Innovation
- Director of the Year – Young
- Director of the Year – Public
- Director of the Year – Third Sector
- Director of the Year - Family Business
- Director of the Year – Inclusivity
- Director of the Year - International
- Director of the Year – Corporate Social Responsibility
- Director of the Year – Start-Up
- Director of the Year – Small-Medium Business (up to £50 million turnover)
- Director of the Year - Large Business (more than £50 million turnover)
- Chairman’s Award for Excellence in Director and Board Practice
New categories have been added for 2019 to recognise the Young Director of the Year and the leading director of a business with a £50 million-plus turnover.
If you have accomplished great things in 2018, this is a great opportunity to showcase your achievements!
Deadline to enter is 31-03-2019