The IoD Certificate in Company Direction - Level 9 (SCQF) and Stage 1 of the Chartered Director programme consists of four modules covering governance, finance, strategy and leadership. This internationally recognised qualification is underpinned by our Directors Competency Framework and provides you with a foundation in effective directorship whatever your profession, industry, location or sector.
What will I get out of the programme?
- An in-depth view of the role, responsibilities and legal duties of a director
- An understanding of the characteristics of an effective board
- Sound knowledge of financial terms and concepts
- The issues and processes associated with formulating strategic business plans and achieving strategic leadership
- Enriched peer learning with directors across the globe
- A qualification that is respected world-wide and sits as an equivalent to degree level
Take advantage of a range of flexible routes to qualification available across the UK, featuring a blend of digital and interactive virtual learning tailored to your level of experience, prior qualifications, career aspirations and learning style.
Our virtual classroom courses are designed and delivered by directors for directors. We have brought the in-training room experience to life as closely as possible - designing and delivering exceptional virtual experiences which focus on four key areas:
- Interaction with the course leader
- Connection with other participants
- Engagement with the platform
- Seamless production support from our team of trained experts