Could you be our next Essex chair?
We are recruiting for a new chair of the IoD Essex branch.
The IoD is a thriving membership community for directors. We provide members with connections, professional development and an influential lobbying voice on the issues that matter most at a local and national level.
This is a great opportunity for an Essex-based director with a demonstrable track record in board or equivalent roles and a strong network of local contacts.
The role of the chair
As chair, you will be the supportive voice of directors in Essex.
The voluntary position carries a three-year term. Working alongside a vice-chair, a team of IoD ambassadors and an experienced branch management team, you will lead our programme of events and professional development while ensuring local members’ voices are heard by policy makers.
One of your top priorities will be to promote inclusion and diversity. The IoD believes that organisations with strong inclusion and diversity cultures not only perform better, but give back more to their people, stakeholders and society.
As chair, you will also grasp the opportunity to engage with the next generation of directors.
Shape our local team
You will have the opportunity to form a team of ambassadors who support members across areas including corporate governance, education and marketing.
You will help to identify and recruit forward-thinking individuals who are passionate about business, with a desire to build their personal profile and be a voice of the IoD.
What we offer in return
The time required will be flexible although ideally around two hours a week on average. As chair, you will attend and occasionally lead our events. The more time you can invest, the greater the return for the local director community.
As branch chair, there will be opportunities for you to:
- Meet new people and grow your network
- Become a better director
- Build a branch team and lead the growth of the IoD in Essex
- Influence the growth of our economy
- Hone your coaching and mentoring skills as you support our ambassadors.
You will benefit from:
- Discounts on IoD courses (including some that are complimentary)
- Free seats at IoD events that you plan, deliver or support
- Priority booking and selected discounts on IoD events
- Complimentary or discounted rates at IoD national and flagship events
- Open access to the IoD Governance and Policy Unit related to your speciality area
- Invitations to join Special Interest Groups that shape the future of the IoD.
Interested? We would love to hear from you by 24th June
Send a CV and covering letter to [email protected]