About City of London
Led by chair Alderman Alastair King, alongside our president, Alderman Sir David Wootton, the IoD City of London branch is based at New Broad Street House.
The City of London branch was founded in 1981 by the late Sir Kenneth Cork who was Lord Mayor of the City between 1978 and 1979. It is one of the larger branches of the IoD. The City branch represents IoD members who work in the banking, finance, insurance, business services and consulting sectors, ranging from directors of small family businesses to the largest City institutions.
At the heart of the world’s top financial centre, the City of London branch offers focus on international events, strong links to the Livery companies, strong contacts with many embassies and extensive partner organisation links. Five Lord Mayors of City of London have been chairmen, and the branch holds its prestigious annual dinner event at the Mansion House, home of the Lord Mayor of City of London.
IoD London and South Director of the Year Awards 2019
Entries and nominations are now open for Director of the Year Awards 2019. We are looking for inspiring and pioneering business leaders from all corners of the region to enter the 2019 London and South Director of the Year Awards.
Our annual Awards has grown over the past years to represent the pinnacle of leadership and business excellence, highlighting the significant contribution business leaders can make to society and economic prosperity in the region.
- Director of the Year – Non-Executive
- Director of the Year – Innovation
- Director of the Year – Young
- Director of the Year – Public
- Director of the Year – Third Sector
- Director of the Year - Family Business
- Director of the Year – Inclusivity
- Director of the Year – Corporate Social Responsibility
- Director of the Year – Start-Up
- Director of the Year – Small-Medium Business (up to £50 million turnover)
- Director of the Year - Large Business (more than £50 million turnover)
- Chairman’s Award for Excellence in Director and Board Practice
New categories have been added for 2019 to recognise the Young Director of the Year and the leading director of a business with a £50 million-plus turnover.
If you have accomplished great things in 2018, this is a great opportunity to showcase your achievements!
Hear from City Members on their positive experiences at our Events