Winners named in IoD Isle of Man Director of the Year Awards
IoD Isle of Man Director of the Year Awards 2021 were hosted in the elegant surroundings of Woodbourne House on Tuesday 2nd November. Over 140 senior business leaders and members of the wider business community gathered to celebrate the success, talent and leadership on island across all sectors.
Chair Jennifer Houghton opened the event by welcoming His Excellency Lieutenant General Sir John Lorimer KCB DSO MBE, former minister and guests. Jennifer highlighted the calibre of entries and offered thanks to the judges for their time, enthusiasm and debate on judging day.
Special thanks were noted to the headline sponsor Appleby and award/supporting sponsors Ravencroft, The International Stock Exchange, Crowe Isle of Man LLC, Lloyds Bank, KPMG and RS Marketing & PR all of whom contributed to the event success.
His Excellency gave an uplifting speech which was well received by the audience. Geoff Corkish acted as compere throughout the award presentation and thoroughly entertained the guests.
The winners were named as:
- IoD Isle of Man Director of the Year Large Business Award Mark Bartlett – STRIX Group Plc. Jennifer Houghton presented the award on behalf of the award sponsor The International Stock Exchange and in a surprise twist Sir John accepted the award on Mark’s behalf in his absence! One of the highlights of the event.
- IoD Isle of Man Director of the Year Small Medium Business Award Katherine Ellis – Boston Multi Family Office. The award was presented by Phaedra Bird on behalf of award sponsor Crowe Isle of Man LLC.
- IoD Isle of Man Director of the Year Young Award Pippa Lovell – Versa presented by Russell Kelly KPMG to Elisha Harvey Sous Chef Versa. Pippa joined via video phone from an international competition in Milan where she was representing the island.
- IoD Isle of Man Director of the Year Corporate Social Responsibility Award Douglas Grant, Conister Bank presented by Jennifer Houghton on behalf of award sponsor Appleby.
- IoD Isle of Man Director of the Year Third Sector Jaime Amoedo, PlasticBusters presented by Will Corrin on behalf of award sponsor Ravenscroft.
- The final award for The Institute of Directors Chair’s Award was awarded to Basil Bielich, Atla Group. Lynsey Smith collected the award on Basil’s behalf.
The lunch celebration was a huge success with guests enjoying the ambience of Woodbourne House, a delicious two course meal and of course the highly anticipated awards presentation.
Commenting on her award Katherine Ellis noted ‘’I am delighted to have won this award, particularly given the quality of all finalists. Thank you to the IoD, the judges and the sponsors of the event. I’d also like to thank all of the team at Boston for their hard work, loyalty and endless enthusiasm.”
IoD Isle of Man look forward to hosting the 2022 awards!