Yorkshire IoD is committed to supporting our 1,300 members through director development and the lobbying of key decision makers in the region and nationally.
We are working with the region's universities to promote our IoD student membership and, early in 2016, secured a pilot for apprentices to have access to the IoD's student membership programme to be launched in the autumn. Additionally our Young Directors are working across the region to represent the leaders of the future entrepreneurship. We encourage healthy debate, ask our members about their key business issues and seek to feed those back to policy makers to work on a real improvement to the business environment.
Our regional director, supported by the administrative team from the hub in Leeds, works for our four branches to deliver a series of high-profile events that offer valuable networking and learning opportunities for our members and which have attracted national media attention.
Our purpose is to engage with our growing membership, guiding, inspiring and supporting their life in business.
IoD Director of the Year Awards UK Finals 2018
The finals of the Director of the Year Awards attracts some of Britain’s top business talent and recognises exceptional leadership and good governance.
Open to directors across the business spectrum, the occasion brings together the winners from our regions and nations, to determine who is the ‘best of the best’ in British business.
The awards are judged by a panel of experts and senior figures from both the IoD and across the wider UK business community.
We congratulate the Region's award winners who now go forward to the UK Finals, where they will compete against winners from across the UK. We wish them every success.
The full list of winners is:
- Global Director of the Year: David Langworth, NM Group
- SME company Director of the Year:Sunny Sharma, Pet Brands
- Family company Director of the Year:Naveen Ahmed, The Parklane Group
- Start-Up Director of the Year: Ben Barker, Artemis Brew
- New Director of the Year: Nicholas Oates, Fabricom Offshore Services
- Public / Third Sector Director of the Year: Simon Wallis, The Hepworth Wakefield
- Non-Exec Director of the Year: Jo Haigh, FDS Director Services
- Innovation Director of the Year: Professor Adam Beaumont, aql
- Inclusivity Director of the Year: Tracy Wray, The University of Sheffield
- Corporate Social Responsibility Director of the Year: Martin Port, BigChange
- Chairman’s Award for Excellence in Director and Board Practice: Richard Harpin, HomeServe plc
- Judges Special Award: Geoff Shepherd, iSource Group and The Yorkshire Mafia
- Lifetime Achievement: Lady Ruby Sykes
IoD Yorkshire and North East Newsletter
Our next issue will be up here shortly.