Yorkshire IoD is committed to supporting our 1,300 members through director development and the lobbying of key decision makers in the region and nationally.
We are working with the region's universities to promote our IoD student membership and, early in 2016, secured a pilot for apprentices to have access to the IoD's student membership programme to be launched in the autumn. Additionally our Young Directors are working across the region to represent the leaders of the future entrepreneurship. We encourage healthy debate, ask our members about their key business issues and seek to feed those back to policy makers to work on a real improvement to the business environment.
Our regional director, supported by the administrative team from the hub in Leeds, works for our four branches to deliver a series of high-profile events that offer valuable networking and learning opportunities for our members and which have attracted national media attention.
Our purpose is to engage with our growing membership, guiding, inspiring and supporting their life in business.
IoD Yorkshire and North East Director of the Year Awards 2019
Entries and nominations are now open for Director of the Year Awards 2019. We are looking for inspiring and pioneering business leaders from all corners of the region to enter the 2019 Yorkshire and North East Director of the Year Awards.
Our annual Awards has grown over the past years to represent the pinnacle of leadership and business excellence, highlighting the significant contribution business leaders can make to society and economic prosperity in the region.
- Director of the Year – Non-Executive
- Director of the Year – Innovation
- Director of the Year – Young
- Director of the Year – Public
- Director of the Year – Third Sector
- Director of the Year - Family Business
- Director of the Year – Inclusivity
- Director of the Year – Corporate Social Responsibility
- Director of the Year – Start-Up
- Director of the Year – Small-Medium Business (up to £50 million turnover)
- Director of the Year - Large Business (more than £50 million turnover)
- Chairman’s Award for Excellence in Director and Board Practice
New categories have been added for 2019 to recognise the Young Director of the Year and the leading director of a business with a £50 million-plus turnover.
If you have accomplished great things in 2018, this is a great opportunity to showcase your achievements!
Deadline to enter is 12-04-2019
IoD Yorkshire and North East Newsletter
View our latest Winter Edition here