Our aim in Northern Ireland is to help support business leaders through unparalleled access to information, advice, peer networks and learning opportunities.
Our membership comprises in excess of 800 directors and senior business leaders from the private, public and third sectors.
Members can make use of two business lounges located at our premises in Riddel Hall, Stranmillis, use of facilities at Catalyst Inc in Belfast and Derry/Londonderry and Omagh Enterprise Centre.
IoD Northern Ireland Director of the Year Awards 2019
Entries and nominations are now open for Director of the Year Awards 2019. We are looking for inspiring and pioneering business leaders from all corners of the region to enter the 2019 Northern Ireland Director of the Year Awards.
Our annual Awards has grown over the past years to represent the pinnacle of leadership and business excellence, highlighting the significant contribution business leaders can make to society and economic prosperity in the region.
- Director of the Year – Non-Executive
- Director of the Year – Innovation
- Director of the Year – Young
- Director of the Year – Public
- Director of the Year – Third Sector
- Director of the Year - Family Business
- Director of the Year – Inclusivity
- Director of the Year – Corporate Social Responsibility
- Director of the Year – Start-Up
- Director of the Year – Small-Medium Business (up to £50 million turnover)
- Director of the Year - Large Business (more than £50 million turnover)
- Chairman’s Award for Excellence in Director and Board Practice
New categories have been added for 2019 to recognise the Young Director of the Year and the leading director of a business with a £50 million-plus turnover.
If you have accomplished great things in 2018, this is a great opportunity to showcase your achievements!
Deadline to enter is 01-02-2019
Northern Ireland Alumni
An inspiring network has been launched to help business leaders from across Northern Ireland fully benefit from being part of an alumni of graduates of the IoD’s range of professional development courses and qualifications. The network hopes to fulfil an important role in shaping the future of professional development for directors and aspiring business leaders across Northern Ireland.
View our events calendar View all premises