The Institute of Directors (IoD) is seeking a new regional chair to lead the East of England, to represent the interest of members in the region, and most crucially to drive member experience, value & relevance in the territory, thereby increasing membership.
Current chair David Sales, a successful entrepreneur and director with global experience, is stepping down, and the successful applicant will oversee a region which covers branches including Essex, Hertfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Norfolk and Suffolk and counts over 2,600 members amongst its director fellowship.
The chair will help drive membership experience & growth while implementing and supporting IoD policies.
David Sales said:
“Sometimes we all get the chance to give back to something much bigger than ourselves to and make a difference. This is one such opportunity, which will at the same time help you grow and develop further by leading the debate on what really matters in helping directors build a better world. It is hard, interesting, fun and immensely engaging work. I would recommend this rare opportunity to any IoD Member who looks first for what they might be able to give to their country, society and other directors, not simply what they can get from being actively involved at a senior level.”
“This is an opportunity to make a genuine difference in an important institute, with the benefit of leaving a legacy. It is an exciting time of change and a renewed focus on membership experience locally. Like every organisation we must deliver more impact with less resources”.
Simone Robinson, IoD Regional Director for the East said:
“The successful candidate will take on this challenging and rewarding role at a time of great change for organisations across the world and most crucially for those responsible for leading them. We find ourselves in the midst of the unprecedented global challenges of coronavirus and climate change, and we must attempt to get ahead of the “new normal”.
“The IoD is no different in that it is innovating, reorganising and re-engineering its value and member propositions to remain, after 114 years of history, as relevant and essential to Directors in the new world as it is today. As the world post-covid will change, the support our region provides to members must increase. We must remain at the forefront of local, genuine and value-adding business connections, professional development and influence”.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org outlining how you feel your skills and experience are aligned with the Chair role. Please also attach your CV.
- Points to cover in your email application include:
- How you will engage with a large voluntary team agross the region
- How your skillset specifically aligns to the IoD’s vision to connect, develop and provide influence to Government on behalf of its members
- Your vision for growing both membership and member value/satisfaction, engagement & participation across the East territory.
- Deadline for applications: 22nd June 2020
- Your application will be reviewed by our regional leadership team and a short-listing decision will be communicated to you by 24th June 2020
- IoD East will contact you and arrange an interview time on 29th June 2020 via Microsoft Teams (subject to shortlisting)
- Recommendations to the IoD Main Board will be sent in July for board ratification in late July 2020
- This is a three-year term – from 1st August 2020
- Details of the appointment will be added to the www.iod.com website
- Upon successful ratification of appointment, there will be a process of:
- Introductions to all East branch chairs, regional council member and regional team;
- The appointment being shared in media and via social media platforms;
- Introductions to counterparts in other IoD regions & nations;
- Introductions to Policy Unit members;
- Handover from David Sales, as outgoing Regional Chair;
The role is not remunerated and leads a voluntary team of 5 Branch Chairs and 40-50 ambassadors, alongside a small paid team.
Find the job description here.