The North West's top business talent was celebrated on 30 March at the annual Institute of Directors (IoD) 'Director of the Year' awards.
Recognising the diverse achievements of the region's most entrepreneurial and inspiring business leaders, the awards ranged from 'Start Up' Director of the Year' to 'Director of the Year Award - International company'.
Hundreds business people attended the awards which has gained its coveted reputation for highlighting the success of North West's directors - from young businesses leading a small but driven team, to large corporations based regionally but overseeing operations throughout the world.
Amongst the winners was Chester Zoo's Jamie Christon who won three awards - Overall North West Director of the Year Award 2017, the Director of the Year Award (Large Company) and the Third Sector Director of the Year Award. These awards came just days after Chester Zoo was named the UK's most visited attraction outside of London, according to new figures released by The Association of Leading Visitor Attractions (ALVA).
- Special Recognition Award (North West Chairman’s Award) – Professor Dame Nancy Rothwell (Manchester University)
- Director of the year Award (Leader in Corporate Responsibility) – Ian Finch (Mando Agency)
- Public Sector/Third Sector Director of the Year Award - Jamie Christon (Chester Zoo)
- Director of the Year Award (Family Company) - Jane Montague (Majestic Publications Limited)
- Start-up Director of the Year - Ross McMahon (Kendal Nutricare)
- International Director of the Year - Glenn Cooper (ATG Access)
- Director of the Year Award (small company) - Sue Coulson (Coulson Associates Ltd)
- Director of the Year Award (medium company) - Richard Anderson (Crawford Healthcare)
- Director of the Year Award (Large Company) – Jamie Christon (Chester Zoo)
- The IoD Young Director of the Year Award - Carlos Oliveira (Shaping Cloud)
- Special Recognition Award (Non-executive Award) – Chris Brindley (GreaterSport)
- Special Recognition Award (Overall North West Director of the Year Award 2017) – Jamie Christon (Chester Zoo)
The IOD Director of the Year awards recognises achievements in a whole host of sectors including healthcare, hospitality, construction and marketing showing the rich, varied and thriving economy in the North West.
Claire Ebrey, North West Regional Director at the Institute of Directors said: “We offer our warmest congratulations to everyone who has won an award tonight, as well as to all of those who were shortlisted. The IoD is proud to work closely with directors and their teams here in the North West - something that the organisation has been doing since 1903.
"The awards embody the IoD's philosophy of encouraging entrepreneurial activity and promoting responsible business practice for the benefit of the business community and society as a whole. The achievements of the above business leaders are a real celebration of this."
The awards ceremony took place at the Midland Hotel, Manchester on Thursday 30 March and was attended by hundreds of influencers and business luminaries. The North West Director of the Year Awards are sponsored and partnered by ACCA and Bruntwood.