This comprehensive programme is designed to equip you with practical strategies to build your network, raise your profile to secure an appointment, and add value in the boardroom.
As more individuals choose ‘portfolio careers’ and demand for non-executive directors continues to rise within multiple sectors including third sector organisations and private companies, it has never been more important to understand the critical requirements and appropriate skill set of a non-executive director.
Gain practical advice from an experienced portfolio non-executive director and participate in interactive case studies. Discover the latest interview tips from top industry head-hunters and put your questions to guest speakers from the IoD Information Advisory Service who will be on hand to offer expert guidance.
Incorporated into the programme at no extra cost is an evening drinks reception and a three course dinner at our recently refurbished Restaurant with a high profile, portfolio NED guest speaker. This is a fantastic opportunity to network amongst your peers.
On completion of this one day programme you will leave with a profound understanding of the role of a non-executive director, how to secure this position and first class strategies to hone your skill set and improve your knowledge:
- Identify the key attributes of an effective NED
- Recognise the legal and practical responsibilities of the NED
- Identify how a NED can help to create an effective board
- Appreciate how a NED can add value in and out of the boardroom
- Apply newfound knowledge and skills to effectively deal with a range of boardroom challenges in different types of organisations
- Build your profile through an extended peer network
- Effectively apply and prepare for a NED position
Experienced director and business owner, held over 40 NED roles, author, visiting fellow at Leeds University.
Read full bio
Commercial law barrister and former general counsel of Business Link. Clients include Royal Dutch Shell and NHS.
Read full bio