Power your potential with this one-day intensive course designed to equip you with practical and pragmatic insight into the role and responsibilities of the managing director.
Whether you are newly appointed or looking to improve your performance with a fresh perspective, our expert course leader will share the latest best practice in strategic leadership with further guidance on accountability, authority and constraints.
This course provides a unique opportunity to assess your performance and plan your development. Share individual experiences and views with other managing directors and take away practical insights that will enable you to make a real impact in your organisation.
By attending this course you will gain the knowledge and skills to:
- Describe the role and responsibilities of the managing director in
successfully leading the organisation, including key legal knowledge and
governance codes and principles
- Define the board’s role, purpose and key tasks
- Examine the challenges and issues around key vision and purpose
statements from the managing director’s perspective
- Recognise the skills and personal qualities needed to achieve competence
in the role, including team motivation, IQ and EQ
- Plan effective board meetings and strategy sessions
- Identify the managing
director’s top challenges, including navigating change and key success factors