Policy report Guidance for businesses to attract and retain staff in a tight labour market
The Institute of Directors has today launched a new business paper, ‘Innovating for talent: Ideas for attracting and retaining staff in a tight labour market’.
The paper provides practical guidance for employers on how to attract and retain talent in a competitive labour market and features 11 case studies of businesses who are tackling skills shortages in an innovative way.
This paper highlights best practice in a number of areas, including:
- Attracting and retaining older workers
- Recruiting from your local community
- Working in partnership with the education system to access talent
- Improving progression and retention through in-house training and succession planning
- Using flexible working to improve your employee value proposition
- Looking overseas