IoD press release IoD set to host Birmingham Commonwealth Games Business Conference
On the 19th July, the Institute of Directors is celebrating England’s third time hosting the Commonwealth Games (28th July-8th August 2022) with a full-day business conference and celebration dinner.
The exclusive Business Conference will be hosted at The Grand Hotel in Birmingham, with a line-up of speakers including:
• Rt Hon Kwasi Kwarteng – Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
• Baroness Tanni Grey-Thompson – Member of the House of Lords and former Paralympian
• Baroness Patricia Scotland – Secretary General for the Commonwealth
• Andrew Mitchell – Director General of the Department of International Trade
• Andy Street – Metro Mayor (West Midlands)
• Rev Rose Hudson-Wilkin – Chaplain to the Queen and to the Speaker of the House of Commons
• John Crabtree – Lord Lieutenant
• Lord Rami Ranger CBE – House of Lords/Businessman
• Cllr Ian Ward – Leader of Birmingham City Council
• Matthew Hammond PWC Strategic International Markets Lead Partner
The evening will include a three-course dinner and after dinner speech by former athlete Roger Black MBE, who for fourteen years represented Great Britain at the highest level of athletics. The dinner will be followed by various entertainment, including award-winning British Indian pianist and composer, Rekesh Chauhan.
Jonathan Geldart, Director General of the IoD, said:
“We are delighted to be hosting this conference in the lead up to the Birmingham Commonwealth Games, bringing together leading personalities from the worlds of politics, sport and business to celebrate this great British event whilst promoting the trading opportunities that the West Midlands region offers.”
Further information on the conference, including how to purchase tickets, can be found here.