IoD Central London Ambassador Vacancy – Membership Officer
The IoD Central London Branch is looking for an Membership Officer to join their local Ambassador community and play a vital role in the function of the IoD.
Branch Ambassadors, led by the Branch Chair, make up a voluntary team of senior business leaders who deliver a programme of engagement opportunities for IoD Members. They are key people within the IoD Regions, Nations and Branches, playing a vital role in the function of the IoD. They provide local connectivity with IoD Members and give a local ‘voice’ and presence to the Institute. They are the means by which IoD national policy is reflective of local issues and can be contextualised locally.
IoD Ambassadors encourage members to engage with their IoD and facilitate connection to other members. Ambassadors are tuned into local and regional issues. They contribute to a programme of relevant and engaging events to inspire members.
Purpose of the Membership Officer, Central London Branch
To act as the Branch focal point on Membership acquisition, engagement and retention
The Branch Committee, specifically the Branch Chair
Objectives and role of the Membership Officer, Central London Branch
- To suggest and lead on Central London membership Acquistion, engagement and retention strategy in consultation with IoD stakeholders and the Central London branch committee
- To offer feedback and support the local IoD team with membership marketing activities around acquisition, engagement and retention of IoD Members
- To review, strengthen and support the local and central IoD Membership team(s) with their acquisition, engagement and retention activities
- To work with the Branch chair and local IoD team to ensure that new Members are welcomed and engaged with Branch (and wider IoD) activities
- To identify and involve prospective Members locally and ensure there is effective follow up on leads (in conjunction with the local and central Membership Teams)
- To improve retention rates through Member engagement and benefit utilisation
- Raising the IoD profile within the local business community
- Encouraging increased diversity and advocating inclusion across the IoD Membership
- Personally demonstrating a high commitment to good governance and professionalism
- Respecting confidentiality and data security, and complying to GDPR
- Complying with IoD policies on confidentiality, data protection, GDPR, health & safety and governance
Typical activities of a Membership Officer, Central London Branch
- Attend Ambassador meetings (monthly) either face to face or virtually and contribute to the discussion
- Attend regional and branch events as often as possible, in an Ambassadorial function
- Provide Membership updates to fellow Branch Ambassadors (coordinated through the local IoD team)
- Phone contact with new members to welcome and encourage engagement (in coordinate with the local and central membership teams)
- Organise and set up New Joiner events and initiatives
- Analyse membership data and offer insights and suggestion to improve membership acquisition, diversity, engagement and retention
- Analyse membership feedback and offer suggestions/ lead initiatives that enhance membership satisfaction and engagement
The successful candidate will be professionally qualified and have a demonstrable track record in senior leadership, with established business interests and a network of established contacts within London. They will also be a strong advocate for good governance and responsible business practices amongst Directors, with a desire to give back to the community.
As a local IoD Ambassador you will promote and recognise great businesses and their stories within London and support the positive impact of business on society, whilst actively supporting IoD Members in their drive to grow purposeful, responsible companies.
The successful candidate will work alongside the London and Central London Chair’s and the Central London Ambassador team whilst having the opportunity to support the IoD’s growing membership base of business leaders, offering their expertise, insights and thought-leadership. They will also work closely with the Local and Central IoD Membership department.
They will have a great understanding of the London business economy and will be expected to promote the IoD within the community, public sector and policy makers. You will receive support and unique opportunities for connections and a policy platform.
Why apply to be a Branch Ambassador?
- As Membership Officer of the Central London Branch you will be positioned as the ‘go to’ person for your area of expertise
- You will be entitled to discounts (T&C’s apply) on certain Professional Development courses
- Your C.V will be enhanced by your Ambassador role
- You may be invited to speak at conferences and events
- Your views and opinions will be valued by the Policy Unit of the IoD
- Grow your network and develop peer to peer relationships
If you are interested in applying for this role, or have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For application emails please include along with your CV
- A cover letter outlining how you feel your skills and experience are aligned with the Membership Officer role
- Experience (if any) working with a leadership team/committee/ambassador team
- How long you have been an IoD Member
- What being an IoD Ambassador would mean to you
- August 12th – deadline for applications
- August 20th – Shortlisted candidates will have been contacted for an interview date. Candidates who can make themselves available over August will be included in the process.
- September 11th – Final decision made and communicated to all