Wales Director of the Year Awards Launch 2024
The Institute of Directors (IoD) Wales, in partnership with Cardiff Business School has launched its annual search for the nation’s highest achieving business leaders.
The Director of the Year Awards 2024 seek to reward the successes of directors representing a wide spectrum of businesses, organisations and sectors the length and breadth of Wales.
Applications for this year’s awards are welcomed until Friday 23 February 2024. A shortlist will then be released prior to the awards ceremony which will take place on Friday 17 May at ICC Wales, Newport.
With sponsors including Sony Technology Centre, Portal Training, Welsh Government, Copa-Data UK, Buffoon Media, Development Bank of Wales and Halo Financial in the fold, the awards will yet again be a celebration of all things achieved by directors, during what has understandably been another very challenging 12 months for businesses.
Following on from a successful awards programme in 2023, the 2024 awards . Nations Manager, Jo Price says “Despite the challenges of 2023, we have remarkable business leaders in Wales achieving brilliant things that deserve celebration.”
IoD Wales chairman, Richard Selby, emphasised, “The Director of the Year Awards offer a platform to celebrate and honour the exemplary leadership and business standards prevalent in Wales.
“We are delighted that this year’s ceremony will once again be hosted at ICC Wales, anticipating the participation of both familiar and new faces.
As an organisation, we remain dedicated to providing opportunities and networks for the development and upskilling of directors in Wales, and these awards reflect the collective hard work of everyone involved.”
The IoD Director of the Year Awards recognise the outstanding achievements and leadership of directors in Wales across 10 categories:
- Director of the Year – Non-Executive – sponsorship available
- Director of the Year – Innovation – sponsored by Copa- Data UK
- Director of the Year – Young – sponsored by Sony Technology Centre
- Director of the Year – International – sponsored by Halo Financial
- Director of the Year – Skills Development – sponsored by Portal Training
- Director of the Year – Start-Up Business – sponsorship available
- Director of the Year – Equality, Diversity & Inclusion – sponsorship available
- Director of the Year – Sustainability – sponsored by Welsh Government
- Director of the Year – Public / Third Sector – sponsored by Buffoon Media
- Director of the Year – Small to Medium Business – sponsored by Development Bank of Wales
Professor Rachel Ashworth, Dean of Cardiff Business School, said: “We’re so proud to sponsor this annual celebration of excellence in Welsh business leadership.
2023 has been another challenging year and the resilience, innovation and success shown by Welsh business organisations has been especially remarkable.
The Director of The Year Awards are open to both members and non-members, for more information on the awards and how to enter please visit here