IoD Scotland seeks new national chair
Are you a leader based in Scotland with a demonstrable track record in board or equivalent roles and a strong network of local contacts? If so, we would love to hear from you.
Our Scotland committee works hard to address areas of relevance for our members, and ensure their feedback on key issues is represented at the highest levels. We run a programme of insightful and regionally relevant events for our members who are drawn from diverse sectors including financial services and insurance, information and communications, management consultancy and shipbuilding.
The role of the chair
The voluntary position carries a three-year term and is supported by a team of ambassadors in the region.
The chair will:
• Connect members through our market-leading events
• Drive professional development
• Help members to influence policy makers at a local and national level
Evidence tells us that a diverse, inclusive workplace is better for business. As chair, you will grasp this opportunity to engage with the next generation of directors while driving a culture that supports and represents all directors.
You will be supported by a team of ambassadors who are as forward-thinking and passionate about business as you. Together, you will deliver a programme of activity that creates better directors, a better business community and a better world.
The time required will be flexible although ideally around two hours a week on average. The chair will attend and occasionally lead our events.
What we offer in return
As chair, there will be opportunities for you to:
• Meet new people, enhance your profile and grow your network
• Become a better director
• Build a branch team and lead the growth of the IoD
• Influence the growth of our economy
• Hone your coaching and mentoring skills as you support our ambassadors.
You will benefit from:
• Discounts on IoD courses (some will be complimentary)
• Free seats at IoD events that you plan, deliver or support
• Priority booking and selected discounts on IoD events
• Complimentary or discounted rates at IoD national and flagship events
• Open access to the IoD Policy and Governance Unit related to your specialty area
• Invitations to join Special Interest Groups that shape the future of the IoD
For a full description of the role of the IoD chair please see download.
Interested candidates should send a CV and cover letter to [email protected] by Friday 3rd March 2023.