IoD NI Member News Orchardville Society Board Recruitment
Job Purpose: To further the organisation, keeping within its charitable objectives.
Responsibilities of the role:
- To take part in formulating and regularly reviewing the strategic aims of the organisation.
- With other trustees to ensure that the policy and practices of the organisation are in keeping with its aims.
- With other trustees to ensure that the organisation functions within the legal and financial requirements of a charitable organisation and strives to achieve best practice.
- To ensure balance is maintained between strategic and operational management in the organisation and ensure that Board Members do Board level work only.
- To assist with other duties as provided by the Chair or Chief executive to ensure the development of the organisation.
- To consider the organisation as a whole and its beneficiaries, whether as a member of the trustees or any of its committees, sub-committees.
- To reflect the organisation’s vision and principles, strategy and major policies at all times.
- To reflect the trustees’ policies and concerns on all its committees/sub-committees.
- To follow the Code of Good Governance, particularly when exercising the functions of the trustees, or any of its committees/ sub-committees.
- To attend and contribute to meetings of the trustees and the AGM and be an active member of the trustee body in exercising its responsibilities and functions.
- To question appropriately, but to share collective responsibility for decisions.
- To be well informed about the organisation’s purpose, services, strategies, and its operating environment.
- To represent Orchardville and speak on its behalf when asked to do so by the Chair.
- To maintain good relations with senior management staff.
- To take part in training sessions provided for the benefit of the trustees.
- To avoid even the appearance of a conflict of interest, and to disclose any possible conflicts to the Chair immediately.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a CV and short cover letter supporting your application, maximum of one A4 page, to Ciara-Louise Abram by 4pm on 29th July 2022 by email to [email protected]
Your CV will be considered by nominated trustees who will invite you to a conversation with purpose.
Please note that there is no remuneration for these roles but out of pocket expenses are available.