2022 IoD Jersey Director of the Year Award Winners Announced
The 2022 IoD Jersey Director of the Year Awards winners have been announced at one of the premier business events in the Jersey calendar. The sold-out black-tie awards evening was hosted by comedian and impressionist, Jon Culshaw and sponsored by Appleby Jersey, with silver sponsors, Vaiie and Lloyds Bank International.
The Awards celebrate excellent leadership across a range of sectors and organisations in Jersey. Ten categories, plus the discretionary Chair’s Award, were announced on the evening. The event, which sold out months in advance, was held at the Royal Yacht Hotel in the presence of the Chief Minister, Kristina Moore, the Lieutenant-Governor, Vice Admiral Jeremy Kyd, and the Bailiff Timothy Le Cocq.
Attendees were treated to a taster exhibition by Nicholas Romeril prior to dinner. ‘EYES on US’ was the first exhibition Nicholas was involved in as Artist in Residence with Wildlife ACT. The conservation NGO saves endangered species in Africa.
During dinner, impressionist Jon Culshaw entertained guests before introducing the Awards. Jon is known for his radio and TV comedy work, including Dead Ringers.
The judges were: Kevin Keen (Chair), Heather MacCallum, Dan Hare, Helen Hatton, Kate Wright, Kate Nutt, and Chris Ambler.
The Winners in the 10 Award categories are:
- Large Business sponsored by Ravenscroft – Paul Murphy (Onogo)
- SME Business sponsored by Law at Work – Chris Le Masurier (Jersey Oyster Co.)
- Family Business sponsored by JJ Fox Trading Limited – Gerald Voisin (Voisins)
- Start-up sponsored by Butterfield – Rob McCombie (TCA Digital)
- Third Sector sponsored by Lloyds Bank International – Donna Abel (Jersey Cheshire Home)
- Public Sector sponsored by Vaiie – Amy Taylor (Digital Jersey)
- Young Director sponsored by Praxis – Nathan Nicholls (Switch Digital)
- Equality, Diversity & Inclusion sponsored by Highvern – Julia Warrander (Affinity Private Wealth)
- Sustainability sponsored by Jersey Water – Mark Brandon (SunWorks Ltd)
- Non-Executive sponsored by Club NED – Alan Merry (Jersey Post)
- Chair Award – Lisa Springate (Head of Legal and Technical, Jersey Finance)