Could you be our next Norfolk chair?
We have launched the search for a new Norfolk branch chair. The successful candidate will drive our commitment to creating better directors.
This is a great opportunity for a Norfolk-based director with a demonstrable track record in board or equivalent roles, established business interests and a strong network of local contacts.
The role of the chair
The voluntary position carries a three-year term and is supported by a vice-chair and a committee of IoD ambassadors.
You will connect members through our events, drive professional development and influence policy makers at a local and national level, working with partners across the public, private and third sectors.
With our key priorities this year on growing our membership, supporting the development of the next generation of business leaders and to help support the promotion of inclusion and diversity through ethnicity, gender and age.
We believe that organisations with strong inclusion and diversity cultures not only perform better, but give back more to their people, their stakeholders and society.
As chair, you will grasp the opportunity to engage with the next generation of directors.
This is an exciting time for the Institute, with new projects in the pipeline to help members Connect, Develop and Influence.
Shape our local team
While expanding and supporting new Ambassadors. The Norfolk branch has a number of established Ambassadors who will support the Chair in their activities.
You will help us to identify and recruit individuals who are forward-thinking and passionate about business, with a desire to build their personal profile and be part of the voice of the IoD.
Here’s what we offer in return:
The time required will be flexible although ideally around two/ four hours a week on average. And depends on how activate you wish to be in the region. As chair, you will attend and occasionally lead our events. The more time you can invest, the greater the return for the local director community.
As branch chair, there will be opportunities for you to:
Meet new people and grow your network
- Become a better director
- Build a branch team and lead the growth of the IoD in Norfolk
- Influence the growth of our economy
- Hone your coaching and mentoring skills as you support our ambassadors.
You will benefit from:
- Discounts on IoD courses (including some which will be complimentary)
- Free seats at IoD events that you plan, deliver or support
- Priority booking and selected discounts on IoD events
- Complimentary or discounted rates at IoD national and flagship events
- Open access to the IoD Governance and Policy Unit related to your speciality area
- Invitations to join Special Interest Groups that shape the future of the IoD.
Interested? We would love to hear from you.
Send a CV and covering letter to [email protected]