The Trustees are required to ensure minimum quality standards are adhered to, which includes a requirement for an annual Governance Statement. The statement includes:
- A description of the Scheme’s investment strategy, including its aims and objectives and how these are in the best interests of members – the Statement of Investment Principles;
- A statement that explains how the Trustees are satisfied that core financial transactions are processed promptly and accurately;
- A report on the level of member-borne charges including investment charges and transaction costs, along with projections to show the impact of charges and costs on fund growth;
- Details of the Trustees‘ knowledge and understanding’ compared with the Pension Regulator’s requirements; and
- A ‘value for money’ statement.
A copy of the most recent Governance Statement can be found below.
IoD Statement of Investment Principles September 2020
IoD Implementation Statement September 2020
IoD 1997 Pension Scheme – Chair of Trustees Statement
IoD 1997 Pension Scheme – Statement of Investment Principle