Chairing meetings effectively is an essential skill for today's directors who conduct a wide range of meetings on a regular basis. Poorly managed meetings can fail to achieve their objectives and lead to a loss of valuable time and money. This course provides directors and organisational leaders with the vital skills and techniques for leading concise, structured and meaningful meetings.
- A highly interactive course to introduce you to best practice in leading formal and informal business meetings
- Develops your knowledge and understanding of the art of listening, group dynamics and managing conflict with senior colleagues
- Provides you with tried and tested techniques to maximise individual input and get the best results from your meeting
Participation to this course will provide you with the skills and knowledge to:
- Understand why meetings often fail and take actions to better facilitate the decision making process to achieve results
- Effective communication techniques
- Develop appropriate methods, behaviour and communications for successfully managing the flow of meetings, promoting individual contributions and encouraging creativity
- Recognise the importance of good planning and setting effective agendas
- Minimise behaviours that can lead to unproductive meeting routines and time-wasting
- Effectively lead and contribute to board meetings building on improved understanding of group behaviour and successful rules of engagement
Roger is an experienced educator and business advisor specialising in corporate governance and board effectiveness, with over 20 years experience as a board member, senior executive and academic researcher in both the business and academic worlds.
Read full bio