IoD executive coach
John Joint is an internationally experienced consultant and coach specialising in working with executive teams and board members of large international organisations across a range of industries. He has over 40 years experience in business, the military and development of people. John is a Chartered Engineer and spent 23 years with the Royal Air Force in executive roles and international projects before he joined PricewaterhouseCoopers, helping them to build their consulting services across Europe. Then, as HR Development Director for EMEA, John was instrumental in growing their European HR Development Programmes for partners and managers from all over Europe.
For the last 12 years John has been running his own successful business. This experience has given John a broad business understanding, in particular the critical importance of developing people. John has highly sought-after first hand experience of leadership, business development and people development and combines his business and systemic thinking with a deep understanding of peoples’ motivation and behaviours.
Professional credentials and training experience
- Chartered Engineer and Member of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers
- Certified Master Practitioner and Trainer of Neuro Linguistic Programming
- NLP Coach
Previous clients include
John has a truly international perspective, working comfortably in different cultures. He works across all industries and sectors and some of his clients include BT, IBM, AXA, NATO, Bridon, PwC, Natixis, Unisys, Apetito, Cargill, Kvaerner, Reed Elsevier, Firmenich, Hoffman-La Roche, ABN AMRO, Norton Rose, Johnson & Johnson and World Bank.
Areas of specialism
- Performance improvement through setting and achieving powerful goals
- Business development Business growth through aligned vision and motivated leadership team
- Personal development Assisting individuals in breaking through personal barriers, and achieving the changes in behaviour that they want
- Team integration and cultural diversity Working with individuals on a one-to-one basis and facilitating whole teams at board level to become integrated and able to achieve their business goals effectively
- Management of relationship issues and conflict Assisting chairmen and team leaders in successfully resolving conflict
- Work/life balance and integration Bringing balance to people’s lives by creating compelling goals in all the key areas of their life.