IoD course leader
Jo Haigh is the CEO and founder of fds, which has bases in London, Birmingham and Yorkshire.
An experienced dealmaker, Jo specialises in putting together the right deal at the right time - and in the right format - for growing businesses throughout the country. She has bought and sold approximately 400 companies in the last 28 years, specialising in owner managed companies.
In the '90s Jo created a specialist director training division, which has been highly successful since inception. She has held around 40+ non-executive roles over that period, in companies across the country and helped nearly 400+ businesses through successful transactions. Jo has sold three of her own companies and undertaken two personal MBO’s.
Professional credentials and training experience
Jo is currently NED chair for a number of prestigious companies within the UK. She provides bespoke and standard training courses for a number of companies, delivering over 100 courses a year to all types of directors, aspiring directors and CEO’s. She is highly regarded in this field proven by the outstanding number of awards she has been nominated for and the many she has won.
Just to name a few:
in IoD Yorkshire & North East Director of the Year – Non-Exec, IoD
Regional Awards (2018)
for Business Woman of the Year, The Yorkshire Choice Awards (2018)
in Business Services category, First Women Awards (2017)
- Winner of Most Innovative UK Deal Negotiator, Acquisition International M&A Awards (2016)
- Winner of The AI One to Watch in Corporate Finance, Acquisition International M&A Awards (2016)
- Shortlisted for Mentor of the Year, First Women Awards (2016)
- Finalist in Inspiring Leader of the Year category, Women in Business Awards (2015)
- Winner of the Business Service Award, First Women Awards (2014)
- Finalist in the Yorkshire Women of Achievement in Business, Sue Ryder Award (2013)
- Finalist in the SME Business of the Year, Wakefield Business District Awards (2013)
- Winner of The Sunday Times NED of the Year, in association with Peel Hunt