Direct and control all organisational operations in accordance with the strategy and business plans agreed by the Chief Executive and Board to ensure that organisational goals and objectives are met.
- Direct and control all internal operational employees to ensure that they are appropriately motivated and trained and carry out their responsibilities to the required standard.
- Contribute to the development of the company’s corporate strategy and lead strategy development in all organisational operations to ensure that the company achieves its short and long-term objectives.
- Develop and implement all necessary policies and procedures to facilitate management control and to ensure that all internal operations achieve their business objectives.
- Develop and control all operational budgets to ensure that the company has all the resources required to meet its objectives within agreed financial parameters and to maintain the financial strength of the company.
- Develop and maintain all necessary systems and procedures to ensure that company operations comply with all legal requirements and meet agreed operational standards.
- Regularly review operations to ensure that these meet required standards and recommend changes where necessary.
- Develop and maintain the organisation’s structure and processes and provide for effective management succession for all internal operations.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with all other directors to ensure that there is effective co-ordination of all company activities in support of corporate objectives.
- Act as the company’s main adviser on all issues relating to operational functions and keep abreast of latest developments to ensure that the Company maintains its competitive position.
Knowledge skills and experience required
The job requires:
- A degree or equivalent and relevant professional qualifications.
- Extensive experience in operations management.
- Significant experience of the industry.
- Significant managerial experience.
- Excellent inter-personal and negotiating skills.
- Thorough knowledge of the company and its products and processes.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent decision making skills.
© Institute of Directors. All rights reserved.