The IoD offers various information resources to members which are available via the Business Information Service.
Please note that most of the information is available free of charge, though in some cases, such as market reports, there may be a cost involved.
- FAME: detailed company financials with up to 10 years’ history, where available, for incorporated companies in UK and Republic of Ireland
- Orbis: global company database with detailed information on listed companies
- Graydon: UK and international company credit reports. IoD members can receive two free credit reports on their own (UK) company, per calendar year, via the Business Information Service
Business news and journal articles
- Nexis: provides information from over 36,000 international news and business sources
Market research reports
- IBISWorld: industry research reports for the UK market
Model documents and templates
- Lexis PSL: has a wide range of business model documents including directors’ service agreements, employment contracts and templates for various commercial contracts. We can also send you guidance notes to help you tailor those model documents to your own needs
- Directories: UK trade directories covering a range of sectors such as publishing, health, legal, utilities, retail, third sector and insurance
- Reference books: on all aspects of running a business, ranging from company and employment law, taxation, finance, personnel management and marketing. New additions to the collection
- Dictionaries, almanacs and biographical directories
- Corporate governance collection: covering areas such as executive and non-executive director’s duties and responsibilities and best practice for the board and board committees
- International information: books on issues such as business etiquette, culture and employment