New IoD NI Chair We are recruiting for a Chair to lead IoD Northern Ireland
Are you a leader based in Northern Ireland with a demonstrable track record in board or equivalent roles and a strong network of local contacts? If so, we would love to hear from you.
The role of the chair
The voluntary position carries a three-year term and is supported by the IoD NI team, NI Committee and a small group of ambassadors in the region.
IoD NI works hard to address areas of relevance for our members and ensure their feedback on key issues is represented at the highest levels. We run a programme of insightful and regionally relevant events for our members who are drawn across private, public and third sectors.
The chair will:
• Connect members through our market-leading events
• Advocate our pathways of professional development to develop better directors
• Help members to influence policy makers at a local and national level
Evidence tells us that a diverse, inclusive workplace is better for business. As chair, you will grasp this opportunity to engage with the next generation of directors while driving a culture that supports and represents all directors.
You will be supported by a team of ambassadors who are as forward-thinking and passionate about business as you. Together, you will deliver a programme of activity that creates better directors, a better business community and a better world.
The time required will be flexible although ideally around 2 – 4 hours a week on average. The chair will attend, host, and facilitate our events.
What we offer in return
As chair, there will be opportunities for you to:
- Build on your connections, enhance your profile and grow your network
- Further develop the local team and lead the growth of the IoD
- Influence the growth of our economy
- Hone your coaching and mentoring skills as you support our ambassadors.
You will benefit from:
- Networking and collaboration with like-minded directors and business leaders
- Discounts on IoD courses (some will be complimentary)
- Complimentary or discounted rates at IoD national and flagship events
- Open access to the IoD Policy and Governance Unit related to your specialty area
- Invitations to join Special Interest Groups that shape the future of the IoD
For a full description of the role of the IoD chair please see downloadable file.
Deadline for applications is 17th November 2023.
Interested candidates should send a CV and letter of intent to Heather White at [email protected]