- 14 Dec 2023
COP28 Business Debrief
Presented by Planet Mark in collaboration with the Institute of Directors (IoD), this event will equip you with the knowledge and insights essential for staying ahead of policy and legislation.
Here's what to expect:
- Delve deep into the heart of COP28 to understand its significance and key takeaways
- Explore the overarching outcomes of COP28 and how they will shape the future for businesses worldwide
- Learn how the COP28 outcomes and announcements will directly affect your business in the upcoming year
- Understand the ISO Net Zero Guiding Principles and how they will impact your sustainability journey
- Delve deeper into the UK Net Zero Transition Plan framework designed for listed companies and financial institutions and its ripple effect on the supply chain
- Gain insights into how businesses should engage, learn, and stay updated as we approach COP29
Book your place on Eventbrite to attend.
Andrew Griffiths is Director of Community and Partnerships at Planet Mark, a sustainability certification that supports organisations and real estate to measure and continually reduce carbon emissions, and increase their social impact. He chairs the Institute of Directors National Sustainability Taskforce and was a member of the UK Government’s COP26 Small Business Taskforce, as well as the Advisory Board for the Global Sustainability Film Awards. He thrives at the intersection between technology and sustainability and remains stubbornly optimistic about how these themes will align to influence and improve the future of our workplaces, planet, and wider society.
Dr Roger Barker
Roger has been the IoD’s Director of Policy and Corporate Governance since September 2020. He also served as Director of Corporate Governance and Professional Standards at the IoD from 2008-2016. He is honorary associate at the Centre for Ethics and Law at University College London and was previously managing director of Governomics Ltd, a corporate governance advisory firm. He is also the author of numerous books and articles on corporate governance and board effectiveness.
Connect with other directors, develop yourself and influence the people that matter.
Free registration with IoD
Stay up-to-date on issues that affect directors and get access to free resources.