This practical session will explore the top five things every director must know, looking at the following questions:
- Who is a director?
- What do directors do?
- What authority does a board have?
- What personal liabilities do directors have?
- What is a conflict of interest?
This interactive taster session will enable you to distinguish the role of a director from the roles of other actors involved in the management and oversight of a business, and explore the link between a director’s duty towards the company and their potential personal liability.
By the time you have completed the session, you will be able to:
- Distinguish the role of a director from those of the other actors involved in the management and oversight of an organisation.
- Understand the link between a director’s duty towards the company and their potential personal liability as directors.
Expert practitioners bios
You can now attend a CPD day afternoon session (Durham): The Top 5 Things Every Director Should Know and Practical Tips for Becoming a NED on 22nd March (1.30 pm-4.45 pm) at the discounted rate. Scroll down to book.