In today’s business world, every director needs to recognise the key financial concepts and terminology that underpin a successful understanding of their organisation’s financial position.
This course designed specifically for non-financial directors and senior managers and will demystify the world of finance, allowing you to monitor the financial health of your business, evaluate business plans with confidence and contribute more effectively to boardroom discussion.
The IoD Award in Finance for Non-Financial Directors, Level 8 (SCQF) is a module of the Certificate in Company Direction
This modular award may be booked online independently or taken as part of the full qualification. To book the full programme please contact the professional development team directly on +44 (0)20 7766 2601.
By attending this course you will be equipped with the knowledge and skills necessary to assess the financial health of your business, appreciate the financial impact of the board’s strategic decisions and be able to identify the director’s legal obligations in relation to finance.
By attending this course you will gain the knowledge and skills to:
- Identify the financial role and responsibilities of directors
- Interpret financial statements in accordance with accounting principles and standards
- Establish the financial health of a business using accepted financial ratios
- Distinguish between management accounts and the statutory financial reports of a company
- Differentiate between the various sources of finance available to a company and their relative advantages and disadvantages
- Interpret the key components of capital investment appraisal
This course includes e-learning support which expands upon the concepts and ideas covered on the course and how to align these with your own organisation.