With an increasing focus on corporate governance in recent years, the role of the company secretary has evolved to become the central point for governance operations and strategic influence between the executive management and the board.
Whether you are newly appointed, or looking to improve your performance with fresh insight, this practical course will equip you with the essential knowledge and skill-set to fulfil your role successfully.
Gain a practical overview of the company secretary's duties and responsibilities and address changes to the company secretary's role in response to the 2006 Companies Act.
This course provides an in-depth introduction to the complexities of the role of the company secretary, checklists and draft documents are provided for use post-course.
By attending this course you will gain the knowledge and skills to:
- Appreciate to a greater extent, the role, responsibilities and key duties of the modern company secretary
- Understand your role in relation to the rest of the board and its activities
- Develop and implement best practice in corporate governance and better advise on legal obligations
- Understand the implications of the Companies Act 2006 and updates to the UK Corporate Governance Code
- Sensitively deal with issues surrounding the disclosure of interests, extraordinary contracts, changes to auditors and the appointment/removal of directors
| ||Paul Munden|
Commercial law barrister and former general counsel of Business Link. Clients include Royal Dutch Shell and NHS.
Read full bio
| ||George Bartlett|
Qualified company secretary, expert in corporate governance and risk management, exinternational president of ICSA.
Read full bio
850.00 GBP + VAT - Members
1100.00 GBP + VAT - Non-Members
- IoD Academy
- 118 Pall Mall
- SW1Y 5ED