Best practice recommends that any board should continuously review their effectiveness. Our board evaluation services are conducted by highly experienced practicing directors who offer an independent, objective and holistic insight into your board’s performance. Our approach is underpinned by a robust 8 - step methodology which strikes a balance between achieving compliance and a rewarding learning experience. We recognise that there is no ‘one-size-fits-all’ approach and given the diversity amongst organisations, corporate governance principles are applied in a pragmatic and flexible manner.
As the world's only chartered professional institute for directors, we understand the pressures boards face. We have devised a suite of board effectiveness services which provide the basis for continuous improvement and enhanced board performance.
We believe that 'better directors make for better businesses and a better world.'
Our methodology is underpinned by the following:
- The UK Corporate Governance Code
- The OECD Principles of Corporate Governance
- The new Code of Practice for board evaluations by the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS)
- The ecoDa Corporate Governance Guidance and Principles for Unlisted Companies
- Bob Garratt’s Learning Board framework
- The application of appropriate global best practise frameworks and relevant legislation
- We have developed a robust, and flexible methodology which delivers an objective review of a board's effectiveness
Download our Board Evaluation brochure