Skip to main content
Become a member

  • Register
  • Login
Register Login



Recovering debts using the Small Claims Track

22 Mar 2017

If someone owes you or your business money and you cannot obtain payment you may decide to issue a claim in the County Court.

Following reform of the civil court system the Small Claims Court was replaced by the “small claims track” usually for claims of £5,000 or less against a person, firm or company in England and Wales. Courts in Scotland have their own legal system and procedures. 

This content is for members only.

You can access this factsheet by logging into the website. If you are not yet a member, you can join now by clicking the button below.

Join now  Login

Contact us

020 7451 3100

Business information

Enquire online

(Members only)

Opening hours

9am-5pm, Monday-Friday, excluding UK public holidays