IoD members who need further legal support with a business or personal legal issue can now take advantage of the “Find a Lawyer" service offered by Law Express – the provider of the IoD legal helpline.
Law Express have teamed up with Linkilaw Ltd to help you find the right lawyer for your business. The process is simple and free to use and results in you being connected to a pre-approved and vetted legal expert in the required field.
How the process works:
1. Submit a legal request. We match requests with approved lawyers. The process is simple and free.
2. Receive multiple quotes. Compare lawyer profiles and fees, ask questions, meet and chat with the lawyers.
3. Choose your lawyer. Select the right lawyer at the fairest price.
In most cases the process results in:
- 3 Quotes from experienced Lawyers within 24 hours
- A fixed fee arrangement
- In most cases a significant discount as a result of the Lawyers competing for your business.
This facility is available to current UK and EU members of the IoD, including Jersey and Guernsey members*. Current members are those who have paid their membership fee and have received confirmation of their membership from the IoD at the time they use the facility. If you are unsure about whether your membership is up to date please contact the Membership Department before using the facility.
This is a referral service only and is not to be taken as a representation and/or recommendation by the IoD or Law Express as to the quality of advice or service IoD members may receive from the law firm. Neither the IoD nor Law Express has any responsibility for such work undertaken on members' behalf.
The referral process
- Members will need to telephone Directors’ Law Express and request a referral to a law firm. Law Express will forward members’ contact details together with a brief outline of the legal issue to Linkilaw.
- Linkilaw will then discuss this matter with the member in order to obtain further information which will assist in their search for the most appropriate law firm.
- The selected law firm will then make contact with the member within twenty four hours of the notification from Law Express.
- Law Express will use reasonable endeavours to complete the obligations, within the stated timescale but cannot be responsible for any action or inaction by any third party.
- Should members decide to instruct the law firm to act on their behalf, the law firm will advise members in writing of their fee structure prior to the start of any work. IoD members will be responsible for the payment of these fees and are advised to make themselves fully aware of these and any additional costs at the outset.