Climate litigation - an emerging risk for directors
Watch the recorded session of the IoD Centre for Corporate Governance event on climate litigation and its impact on directors. Here we explore the recent lawsuit against Shell's board and its implications for UK companies.
Topics discussed include:
- Likelihood of success for the lawsuit against Shell directors
- Legal liabilities and risks for directors
- Need for new laws/regulations on corporate accountability
- Actions to address climate-related risks
- Alex Cooper, Lawyer at Commonwealth Climate Law Initiative
- Dr. Roger Barker, Director of Policy and Corporate Governance at the Institute of Directors (IoD)
- Fabrizio Palmucci, Senior Advisor at Climate Bonds Initiative
- Leticia Jennings, Partner at Bates Wells LLP
- Tina Mavraki, IoD Chartered Director and Fellow of Chapter Zero
Don’t miss this insightful discussion on climate litigation and director responsibilities.