UK Corporate Governance explained
Curious about corporate governance? Want to understand its impact on businesses and the recent developments that shape its future? Watch this recorded session and gain valuable insights into the legal and regulatory frameworks that govern businesses in the UK.
In this webinar, Dr. Roger Barker, Director of Policy and Corporate Governance at the Institute of Directors, and Chris Hodge, Senior Advisor to the IoD Centre for Corporate Governance, delve into the foundations and recent developments in UK corporate governance.
Key topics covered:
- Overview of the legal and regulatory framework for corporate governance in the UK, including the significance of the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and its role as the securities regulator.
- Essential insights into the director’s duties and responsibilities and their impact on effective governance practices.
- The key features of UK corporate governance and its evolution over the years.
- Introduction to the UK Corporate Governance Code and its significance in shaping responsible business practices.
- Understanding the impact of recent high-profile case studies, such as Boohoo, Tesco, GlaxoSmithKline, Patisserie Valerie, Carillion, and BHS, on governance policies.
- Insights into the Wates Principles and their implications for large private companies.
- Introduction to the UK Stewardship Code and its significance for investors in engaging with companies on governance.
Watch this recorded webinar to discover how UK corporate governance sets the stage for responsible and effective business practices and understand how the recent developments are shaping the future of corporate governance in the country.