Gain reassurance with Directors’ and Officers’ insurance from Hiscox
Directors’ and Officers’ insurance from Hiscox.
When you’re a director, partner or officer of a company, this kind of reassurance can be valuable. Hiscox is offering a discounted rate on this cover for members of the IoD, so you can bolster your standing with a comprehensive insurance product. You’ll also enjoy an award-winning service.
Why choose Directors’ and Officers’ insurance provided by Hiscox?
- IoD members save 12.5% on the standard Hiscox rates*
- Hiscox is rated 4.8/5 by real customers on Feefo**
- Personalised insurance policy with cover ranging from £100,000 to £10 million
- This Hiscox product can protect individual directors, officers and senior managers personally against risks that come with the role’s responsibilities
- Insurance is tailored to the work you do for your firm and the sector you work within
- Cover for claims arising from several parties including investors and other shareholders
- Support with claims of breach of duty of care – for instance, if an employee says they’ve experienced an injury at work and you’re at fault
- Financial support against allegations of wrongful acts such as negligent errors, breach of trust or defamation
- Cover in the face of financial investigations that may cause reputational damage
- Via the Hiscox Business Support Hub, directors can also gain access to help with tax and legal support.
*Subject to underwriting criteria. Discounts, whether new or existing, are only applicable to policies introduced via the Institute of Directors. A discount cannot be applied to policies managed by a third party, such as an insurance broker.
**As of September 2021, based on 2,985 reviews
How Directors’ and Officers’ insurance can help
Being accused of wrongful acts can be especially damaging to someone in a position of responsibility. This might include breaches of trust or duty of care, negligence and defamation. When you launch a new product, a competitor may believe you’ve made an incorrect statement about them within your press release and a defamation claim could land with you. Directors’ and officers’ insurance from Hiscox can support with defence and settlement costs.
No matter the industry sector your business operates within – from technology and finance to construction – workplace accidents are a possibility. Employee health, safety and wellbeing is always on the agenda, but an accident at work could lead to an injury for your personnel. If the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 is breached, a director or officer could face personal charges for failing to uphold it – with Hiscox, there’s cover for this type of claim.
As a company director, the blame could fall with you for several business issues. This includes anything that may go awry with the non-defined pension schemes or benefit packages you offer. So, when an employee says there’s been an administrative error with their pension scheme and complains about mismanagement, you may face investigations from financial regulators. Official proceedings impact both your personal finances and your reputation, so Hiscox directors’ and officers’ cover can step in to help.
What’s included in your Hiscox Directors’ and Officers’ insurance?
- Claims from investors, other directors or shareholders
- Defamation claims from competitors regarding incorrect statements they say you’ve made about them
- Administrative errors impacting employee benefit or non-defined pension schemes that result in investigations
- Breach of duty of care claims falling under the Corporate Manslaughter and Homicide Act 2007 or the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Certain PR costs following investigations that may have caused reputational damage.
What do I need to get a quote?
- Business information (including the name you trade under)
- When you began trading
- Annual turnover (this may be estimated)
- Details of any insurance claims you have made in the last five years.
- Work and contract details (such as where you normally conduct business)
- Preferred cover start date
- Contact details
Why choose Hiscox?
- Tailored to you – Hiscox ensure your directors’ and officers’ insurance is specific to your circumstances, your business and the sector your operate within
- Award-winning insurer – for two consecutive years, Hiscox has won the Feefo Platinum Service award, so you know you’re in safe hands
- Flexible cover – with cover flexibility from Hiscox, you only pay for the directors’ and officers’ cover you need. In addition, it’s possible to make unlimited changes and pay monthly.
PROFESSIONAL BENEFITS PROGRAMME
Hiscox wants to help your small business thrive. Their blog articles will contain lots of useful information relevant to your growing business. But these articles do not constitute professional advice and must not be construed nor relied upon as such. To find out more on a subject we cover here, please seek professional assistance, specific to your circumstances.
*Any discount is only applicable to policies introduced via the Institute of Directors, whether existing or new, but could not be applied to policies that are being managed by an alternative third party such as an insurance broker.
Discount available for the lifetime of your policy applies on renewals while the Institute of Directors remains an Introducer Appointed Representative of Hiscox Underwriting Ltd.
Terms and conditions apply. For full terms and conditions see hiscox.co.uk/IoD/business-insurance.
The Institute of Directors is an Introducer Appointed Representative of Hiscox Underwriting Ltd. who is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. For UK businesses only.
Better directors for a better world
Advice on tap for business leaders
Find out more about IAS. Providing valuable advice free with an IoD membership.