The IoD works hard to give government a clear picture of how businesses on the ground are being affected by a range of business issues, including Covid, Brexit, and climate change risk, and pushing for support where it's most needed.
- Late payments to small firms Revisions to the Prompt Payment Code resulting in better payment terms for SME suppliers
- EU trading rules Launch of the SME Brexit Support Fund
- Jobs and wages Furlough extended to end of March then September 2021
- Tax repayment HMRC Time to Pay expanded, deferred VAT and other tax liabilities
- Fast growth company support Changes to listing rules favouring growth enterprises
- Climate change-related risks Adoption of TCFD disclosure reporting framework
Policy Voice in the media
“A closely watched poll” – The Times
“A recent poll by the Institute of Directors (IoD) reveals one in three directors believe their organisation is now more vulnerable to cyber attacks – City AM
Have your say
As the UK’s leading voice for business leaders, we share your views and campaign on your behalf. Add your voice to ours to influence the discussions that matter.
Sign up now