In October 2012, the IoD carried out a survey of 1,147 IoD members to gather their views on fixed-line and mobile internet services for their business.
The experiences of the two thirds of respondents with a primary workplace located in an urban area and the one third with a primary workplace located in a rural area were given particular attention.
Policy Voice Survey findings:
- 50% agree that an increase in broadband speed would encourage them to offer more flexible working opportunities to staff
- 38% agree that an increase in broadband speed would lead to greater revenues
- 34% agree that faster broadband would encourage them to invest more in their organisations
- 60% agree that faster broadband would increase the overall competitiveness of their organisation
- 77% agree that faster broadband would improve their organisation’s productivity
- 30% of members store data on the cloud while 48% use their own dedicated servers and 8% used leased servers – the cloud still has some way to go
Read full report