The IoD Governance and Policy Unit is looking to establish a number of Expert Advisory Groups.
We want to tap the expertise of IoD members on the key issues for UK directors – from Innovation to Sustainability to Taxation. To help us do so, we are setting up a number of small Expert Advisory Groups to inform the IoD’s position with insight from directors who have substantial experience and know-how in the relevant field.
The current members of the EAGs can be found here.
Register your interest
Applications for the EAGs are currently closed.
Group members should be happy to be contacted by one of our policy leads to discuss policy developments and ideas. Requests may come at short notice – so it’s important that you can be accessible – though the overall time-commitment should not be onerous.
To register your interest in one of the advisory groups when applications open, or to get in touch, please click on the title of the groups below and provide a brief summary of your experience and professional expertise in the area. Where possible, link this to the EAG Terms of Reference, which can be read here.
You should be a Full Member of the IoD, and we welcome expressions of interest from directors of diverse profiles and backgrounds.
- Corporate Governance – incl. ethics, corruption, family business, institutional investors, company law, board functioning, audit
- The Economy – incl. fiscal and monetary policy, public finances, competition policy, industrial policy, pandemic support
- Entrepreneurship – incl. start-ups, scale-ups, venture capital, SMEs, late payment
- Future of the workforce – incl. skills, training, employment law, leadership, talent management, organisational culture, health and safety
- Trade – incl. geopolitical risks, post-Brexit competitiveness, global governance, global supply chains, internal UK market, immigration
- Sustainability – incl. climate change, business transition to net zero, renewable energy and licence to operate