What is talent and how can you improve it? That was the starting-point for Ben Lyttleton’s fascinating journey around Europe’s biggest football clubs to find out ways we can all develop a personal and professional edge.
On Thursday 14 September at the IoD, Ben will host a Breakfast Time Books event based around his latest title Edge, explaining how to:
- Improve your resilience, based on learnings from the head of sports science and psychology at Chelsea.
- Allow creativity to flourish, from the Liverpool academy chief behind the rise of Ben Woodburn and Trent Alexander-Arnold.
- Find new measures of success from former Borussia Dortmund coach Thomas Tuchel.
- Use diversity to improve results from the French club owner who appointed a female coach
- Communicate effectively and listen smartly from France coach Didier Deschamps
- Get comfortable with being uncomfortable from the Swedish Cup winners who performed Swan Lake before taking on Europe
- Challenge your unconscious bias from the goalkeeper coach who will make you think differently
- Find a social purpose from the sporting director of Athletic Club de Bilbao, a club that refuses to buy in talent.
To experience Ben’s advice and learnings first hand, as well as pick up a copy of his brand new title Edge, you can book your ticket here.