Preferred programme, specially negotiated for IoD members
When it comes to cyber risk, insurance is more important than ever with attacks and security breaches increasing in frequency and sophistication.
Cyber and Data Risks Insurance from Hiscox is designed to support and protect your business if it experiences a data breach or is the subject of an attack by a malicious hacker that affects its computer systems.
Hiscox have a network of IT forensic teams and legal experts who provide advice and assistance in the event of a breach. They even provide PR advice, to help you minimise any loss and possible damage to your business and its reputation.
You may need cyber and data risks insurance if you:
- Hold sensitive customer data, such as names, addresses or banking information
- Are reliant on computer systems to conduct your business
- Have a website
- Are subject to a payment card industry (PCI) merchant services agreement
Why choose Cyber and Data Risks Insurance provided by Hiscox?
- Save five per cent on Hiscox’s standard rates (subject to underwriting criteria)
- Specialist expertise – Hiscox have been providing cyber and data insurance for 14 years, so they understand the changing risks that businesses face and have evolved their product to meet them
- A trusted partner – Financial compensation isn’t all that’s needed in the event of a claim. Hiscox will pay out when you suffer a loss, but will also provide access to a team of experts who will work with you to minimise your loss and the possible damage to your business
- Access to privacy lawyers and technical specialists – Offering expert support and guidance in the event of a claim
- Access to Hiscox eRisk Hub – Access to resources which help you stay up to date with evolving risks and tools to help you understand your exposure
Terms and conditions apply. For full terms and conditions see
The Institute of Directors is an Introducer Appointed Representative of Hiscox Underwriting Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. For UK businesses only.