- 21 Mar 2023
Oban & Argyll Blue economy and built environment 2023 - Investing in Sustainability and Innovation
The Institute of Directors Highlands and Islands branch invites you to join them in Oban for a dynamic in-person business forum and networking reception.
The forum will bring together leaders, sector operators, innovators, financial institutions, and investors in the Blue Economy and Built Environment for Oban, Argyll, Mull and the Islands and will focus on:
• Blue Economy (incl. Marine Sciences, Marine Biology, Conservation, Renewables)
• Built Environment (Eco-Property Development, Renewables)
• Eco-Hospitality (incl. Tourism, Food and Beverage)
• Human Health (as related to Marine Sciences and Built Environment)
• Entrepreneurship & Expansion Funding (grants, venture debt, equity)
1:15pm: Arrival and Luncheon Networking
Welcome from Donald Forsyth - Chairman, IoD H&I
4:00pm: Business Networking and Breakout Sessions
5:00pm - Close of Forum
• Fergus Murray - Head of Economic Development, Argyll & Bute Council; Board of Directors, BID Oban
• Elaine Jamieson - Head of Life Sciences, Blue Economy, and Food & Drink, Highlands & Islands Enterprise
• Andrew Mearns Spragg - Founder & Chief Scientific Officer, Jellagen Pty Ltd
• Rhianna Rees - Seaweed Academy Coordinator, SAMS Enterprise
• Lisa Lambie - Chief Impact Officer, Blue Oasis Ventures; Environment & Sustainability Ambassador, IoD H&I
• Others panelists currently being confirmed.
Andrew Mearns Spragg
Founder & Chief Scientific Officer, Jellagen Pty Ltd
Head of Life Sciences, Blue Economy, and Food & Drink, Highlands & Islands Enterprise
Head of Economic Development, Argyll & Bute Council; Board of Directors, BID Oban
Chief Impact Officer, Blue Oasis Ventures; Environment & Sustainability Ambassador, IoD H&I
Connect with other directors, develop yourself and influence the people that matter.
Free registration with IoD
Stay up-to-date on issues that affect directors and get access to free resources.