Levelling up and invest in Yorkshire
Sponsored by British Business Bank & PwC (UK)
The IoD is bringing together Yorkshire regional leaders and investors to discuss how Yorkshire is flying the flag for the UK’s Levelling Up agenda.
Held at the IoD’s prestigious headquarters at 116 Pall Mall, London, the event will feature speeches and discussions that explore the benefits of investing in ‘God’s own county’.
As the UK bounces back from the pandemic, we will meet the individuals, companies and sectors putting Yorkshire at the forefront of that recovery.
There will also be an opportunity to hear how the IoD is supporting directors through a turbulent period by driving collaboration, professional development and good governance while lobbying the Treasury and Government for a better deal for business.
Fantastic things are happening in Yorkshire. This is your chance to get an inside track on the next chapter.
- 2:00pm Welcome
- Nick Green, CEO Fatgreen, IoD Ambassador for North Yorkshire
- 2:10 pm Levelling up; An investment case for the nation
- Jake Berry, MP
- 2:30pm Partner, Leeds Office, PwC
- 3:00pm Investment case studies in Yorkshire
- Zandra Moore, CEO, Panintelligence
- Endre Kiss Toth, Founder StemCellX
- 3:35 pm Coffee break
- 3:50pm Charlie Troup, Chair, BVCA
- 4:15pm Tom Riordan, CEO, Leeds City Council
- 4:35pm Matthew Owen, Partner, Sovereign Capital Partners
- 4.45pm Moderated regional panel discussion
- Nick Hawkins, Partner, gunnercooke (Moderator)
- Gordan Bateman, Founder, Investor Ladder
- Mel Ellyard, Principal, Sure Valley Ventures
- James Bromhead, Partner, Anticus Partners
- David Miles, Senior Investment Manager, Foresight Group
- Helen Oldham, Founder, NorthInvest
- Marion Bernard, Chief Investment Officer, Northern Gritstone
- 6.15pm Concluding remarks
- Jon Geldart, Director General, IoD
- 6:30pm Drinks and networking
- 8.00pm Close
Endre has always been passionate about translating research into therapeutic applications and founded Stem CellX to develop regenerative stem cell-based therapy for the treatment of Osteoarthritis.
Before becoming the MP for Rossendale & Darwen in 2010, Jake worked as a solicitor specialising in Housing and Development Law. This experience has made him an effective champion of affordable housing and the Construction Sector. Jake was the Minister for the Northern Powerhouse & Local Growth at the Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government, and is now the chairman of the Northern Research Group -- a caucus of over 50 'Red Wall' MPs who came together to represent the interests of the towns and cities of the north.
Nick is an entrepreneur who has co-founded two companies, including Fatgreen. Fatgreen arrange Business Protection insurance solutions for SMEs, Private Equity and Venture Capital Investors.
Tom is Chief Executive of Leeds City Council and has overseen a significant transformation of the city since 2010. Tom’s top priority is for Leeds’ growth and public services to be inclusive, championing mental health and diversity causes in the city. Tom has held several roles leading local and central government engagement.
Zandra Moore is a passionate tech leader and entrepreneur with over 20 years of experience in the technology sector. As co-founder and CEO of SaaS software firm PanIntelligence, she leads a team focused on delivering analytics into the heart of SaaS applications, enabling users access to key information at the right moment and with the right focus.
British Business Bank
Ison Harrison Solicitors
Leeds City Council
Connect with other directors, develop yourself and influence the people that matter.
Free registration with IoD
Stay up-to-date on issues that affect directors and get access to free resources.